Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Reverse Lens Macro Technique


Having just acquired my first SLR, I have been anxious to explore its possibilities. Of course, there is no better place to do this then on flickr. In the technique group there I read about using a reverse lens to get a macro effect. I have always wanted a macro lens, of course that didn't come with my camera. However, this technique enabled me to get super magnified close-ups without owning a macro lens at all. All I had to do was borrow one of my friends lenses and put it in front of mine in the reverse direction. This allows for amazing results. Read in the technique group for all the details on how to do it. Feel free to comment or write me regarding anything about how I achieved this image.

2 comments:

CaseMoline said...

This was a great article. I've always wanted to do 'real' macro but don't have a lens. I am going to try what you suggested however, not with spiders...all spiders should die horrible deaths.

Anonymous said...

Yeah this is an interesting technique for saving some major hobby cash, I got mine and it works like a charm, except that I use it between two lenses. Perhaps I'll change that if I can get the thread to mount freely.